Monday, December 4, 2017

Moving Forward

https://www.pexels.com/photo/accomplishment-ceremony-education-graduation-267885/
To cap off my last blog post of the semester, I wanted to start by saying I feel this class has influenced me both in terms of being a collaborator online and offline, as well as a general learner. I can say now after taking this class that I have much more of an appreciation for how the internet has shaped society, especially with respect to the many ways it can bring together others from afar in order to create something larger. As a learner, I feel as though I've grown in my ability to accumulate knowledge, and then share that knowledge with others in a way that is more accessible to the general public. Sometimes teaching others is the fastest way to learn something for yourself, and I feel as though these weekly blog posts have given me more confidence to contribute online, as well as learn from what others contribute in the same way. My favorite blog posts of the semester were probably:  "Don't Pretend To Know Open Source Until You Read This" and "Wiki Collaborators HATE This:". My best replies were on Ashley's blog: "November 10, 2017 at 5:49 PM" and Bria's blog: "September 22, 2017 at 4:24 PM".

I met a lot of people this semester, but without a doubt the two people who influenced me the most in this class were Ashley Dubrasich and Rachel Morisky. There was definitely some storming in our group at the start, but in the end I feel as though we managed to work well and perform in all of our group projects. I would also like to nominate Will Ellis for best blog, as I felt as though he crafted a thoughtful and well put together blog, that included many personal examples of how the writing topic related to him and his life experiences.

No comments:

Post a Comment