Thursday, August 31, 2017

How I Live Better With One Weird Trick

https://pixabay.com/p-152572/?no_redirect

I don't always find myself in groups, but when I do, I prefer Primary groups. Primary groups are collections of two or more people, usually small and long-term focused, with members having more of an emotional bond with each other. This includes friends and family members. In my experience, hanging out with friends and family is essential to my well-being, especially when immersed in stressful environments like university or work. Whenever I'm feeling down or stressed out, I know I can always count on a friend or family member to stand me back up. On the flip side, I'm more likely to be found in my day to day life engaged with Secondary groups. These are groups that are larger, more goal-focused, and less intimate. Generally the students in my college classes would fit this type of group. Now I'm not saying that I don't enjoy socializing with others outside of my immediate friend group, those experiences are necessary, I just tend to find more fulfillment in Primary groups.

1 comment:

  1. I also think that both primary and secondary groups are needed. Secondary groups are needed because that’s where you are able to network. You reach out to different types of people and are able learn different things. But it is most important that you have a stable primary group. Those are the guys that you rely on and have your back when you are in a pinch. Each type of group has their role and is therefore necessary in their own way.

    ReplyDelete